Positioning without GPS, where GPS does not reach.
For long, GPS has been the standard for tracking and positioning. GPS comes with two main challenges, it does not work without satellite coverage, especially indoors, and it has a high power consumption. Let us introduce you to IoTrack, a new way of global positioning, available in all our products.
- IoTrack works indoors where there is no satellite coverage
- Significantly lower power consumption enables drastically longer operating times for battery-operated devices
- Enables totally new positioning related use cases: Know when and where your product is deployed.
- Readily available in all our Aistin products
Example use cases include logistics, lost object tracking, and positioning in areas with high population density.
Positioning without GPS— an example use case
The first test for IoTrack was done in Northern Finland integrated to the IoT device Aistin Motion. The device was placed on board of a car and a route was successfully drawn in Google Maps using our IoThund Cloud. The route went from Kajaani to Haukipudas (~200 km) and a positioning interval of 5 minutes was used.
Of course, this is just one of the many possible use cases. To stay updated on new use case examples, follow us on
- Is it cellular based?
- Yes, the IoTrack feature is cellular based.
- How accurate is it?
- The technology is constantly improving, and during the first test run we were able to achieve an accuracy up to between 50 and 250 m.
- With the upcoming 5G support, we predict the accuracy to go up to one meter at best.
- What is the accuracy dependent on?
- The accuracy depends on the cellular coverage and cellular network type.
- Can it be used together with GPS?
- Absolutely, IoTrack can be used to overcome the common shortcomings of GPS, together with GPS.
- Where can I find more details? E.g. Pricing or a brochure?
- Please contact us for more information.
Interested and wish to learn more?
Get in touch with us and we’ll work out together a package that best suits your needs.
Device and Cloud brochures are available upon request.